UK news Over 50s could be told to shield at home to prevent second Covid-19 wave last minute news

MetiNews.Com - As a second wave of coronavirus becomes more likely the Government could tell over 50s they will have to shield

UK news Over 50s could be told to shield at home to prevent second Covid-19 wave last minute news

MetiNews.Com - As a second wave of coronavirus becomes more likely the Government could tell over 50s they will have to shield

UK news Over 50s could be told to shield at home to prevent second Covid-19 wave last minute news
02 August 2020 - 16:24

Breaking News ! Millions of over 50s could have to shield to prevent a second wave of coronavirus in the UK. Cabinet ministers are reportedly anxious that a second wave will happen in the UK, as deaths per day here and in Europe appear to be rising once again. Because the Government received criticism for it's slow reaction to coronavirus at the start of this year it might take more drastic action if a second wave becomes inevitable. Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government, Robert Jenrick MP (Image: PA) Tory minister Robert Jenrick said on Sunday (August 2) that while the decision to get most over 50s to remain at home and shield wasn't being "actively considered" he did not rule out the possibility saying: “This is just speculation. You would expect the government to be considering all of the range of options that might be available to us. "We have a shielding programme, we’ve provided very clear guidance to those people who we’ve identified as being extremely clinically vulnerable and we’ve supported them and we'll continue to support them, for example with the delivery of medicines if they require it. Read More Related Articles 18 beaches within a two hour drive of Cambridge which are perfect for your summer staycation Read More Related Articles UK Foreign Office travel warnings for holidays to Spain, Greece, Turkey and Cyprus "And if necessary in localised areas, for example in Leicester, we've extended the period in which we're asking people to shield which meet those characteristics." But over the weekend lockdown restrictions have tightened rather than relaxed as had been originally planned.

. Prime Minister Boris Johnson wearing a face mask at a shop in Uxbridge (Image: Daily Record) Interestingly the Government has told those who have been shielding that they no longer need to from Saturday (August 1). At the same time, it stopped government-paid food parcels or Statutory Sick Pay from those who had been shielding. The original shielding criteria were not based on age but other factors that would make someone vulnerable to the virus. But according to the Sunday Times and Sunday Telegraph, an option has been raised that will focus mainly on age. Under the proposals, a greater number of people would be asked to shield, based on their age or particular risk factors that have been identified since March, the Sunday Telegraph says. It could even see those aged between 50 and 70 given "personalised risk ratings", said the Sunday Times - a move that would add to the 2.2 million who were deemed most vulnerable and previously told to remain at home.

Source =

MetiNews.Com

This news 32 hits received.

UK news Over 50s could be told to shield at home to prevent second Covid-19 wave last minute news


UK news Over 50s could be told to shield at home to prevent second Covid-19 wave last minute news


UK news Over 50s could be told to shield at home to prevent second Covid-19 wave last minute news


UK news Over 50s could be told to shield at home to prevent second Covid-19 wave last minute news

COMMENTS

  • 0 Comment
Last News
MAY INTEREST YOU x
Daily uk news  Erectile dysfunction drug aviptadil may also beat Covid-19, experts believe  MetiNews.Com
Daily uk news Erectile dysfunction drug aviptadil may also beat...
Uk news  Heatwave to descend on Scotland this weekend MetiNews.Com
Uk news Heatwave to descend on Scotland this weekend MetiNews.Com