Premier league news Premier League clubs set to hold vote on controversial pay-per-view arrangements Last spor news
MetiNews.Com - Premier League clubs are set to hold a vote on the current PPV scheme, with games that are not currently available for regular broadcast being charged at £14.95
Breaking News ! Premier League clubs will decide on Tuesday whether or not to stick with their pay-per-view arrangements for the round of fixtures prior to the international break in November, a report by the Mirror says. Matches that were not selected for regular television broadcast following this month’s international break have been made available on a pay-per-view basis via both Sky Sports’ and BT Sports’ box office services, with fans forced to pay £14.95 if they wish to see their teams in action on that service. Fans’ groups, including the Football Supporters’ Association, have urged the Premier League and the broadcasters to reconsider their pricing structure, with many refusing to pay it. Video Loading Video Unavailable Click to play Tap to play The video will auto-play soon8Cancel Play now Many supporters have opposed paying the required fee to watch their team on the box office service, making the decision to donate their money to local food banks instead. Earlier this month, Richard Masters - the Premier League chief executive - said that the price was “defensible” while BT Sport said it was simply covering its cost in screening these matches.
. Premier League clubs, as well as those in the Championship, League One and League Two, had hoped to be able to welcome back supporters in some capacity from Saturday, October 1, but the Government imposed a fresh delay on fans being allowed to return because of the recent rise of coronavirus cases across the country.
The Sky Sports and BT Sport PPV decision that Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham fans will love
Government dismisses petition aiming to allow Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham fans back into stadiums
The Premier League has warned English football will lose £100million for every month fans are ordered to stay away from grounds, with the EFL confirming over the weekend that the Government’s position was “frustrating and perplexing,” with indoor venues such as shopping centres, cinemas and even the London Palladium currently open. A statement released by the EFL said: "Our members, who contribute almost £500million annually to the exchequer, has had its core income stream of ticket sales turned off indefinitely without any indication of a roadmap that will allow the safe return of supporters to stadiums, despite other sectors being able to welcome people through their doors. "They are also continuing to meet their financial obligations in the absence of similar levels of support being afforded to other industries. "The inconsistency is frustrating and perplexing."
Source = MetiNews.Com