North East UK news NUFC urged to reconsider Project Big Picture MetiNews.Com
MetiNews.Com - All of the latest Newcastle United headlines for October 30 including updates on Project Big Picture, Jamaal Lascelles, Federico Fernandez and more
Breaking News ! Newcastle United have been urged to reconsider their stance against Project Big Picture by EFL chairman Rick Parry. Elsewhere, Federico Fernandez has discussed the squad's meal with owner Mike Ashley. Here are your top Newcastle United stories for October 30: Fernandez on steak summit Federico Fernandez has lifted the lid on Mike Ashley's steak summit with Newcastle United players over the summer. Mike Ashley took Steve Bruce and his Newcastle squad out for a meal The Toon owner treated his players to a meal on the Quayside and was faced with questions from senior stars about what was happening with the takeover after a Middle East consortium attempted to buy the club from the Sports Direct magnate. Read More Related Articles What Mike Ashley told senior stars about the Newcastle takeover Project Big Picture message EFL chairman Rick Parry has urged Newcastle United to reconsider their stance on Project Big Picture in case they are relegated from the Premier League whilst insisting the proposal is not dead. The Magpies were one of 14 Premier League clubs to vote against the proposal of handing more power to England's 'big six' as part of the biggest restructure in English football since the formation of the Premier League. EFL chairman Rick Parry (Image: PA) The plans, led by Manchester United, Liverpool and Parry, would have positive impacts for the football pyramid outside the top-flight, whilst also handsomely rewarding the biggest clubs with special powers, such as the ability to block a takeover. The proposal was fiercely rejected by the Newcastle United and their supporters, as a result. Read More Related Articles Rick Parry insists Project Big Picture 'isn't dead' and urges Newcastle United to reconsider New kit deal? It was 15 months ago that a rueful Mike Ashley compared Newcastle's kit deal to the newly-inked contract Spurs had signed with Nike. Tottenham's seat at the top table - and regular Champions League appearances - means their deal is worth £45million-a-year. "That is many, many times what Newcastle can get," Ashley said a year ago. The Castore logo "We’re not near that – nobody is, outside the top six. And I’m being told Liverpool could get £100m for the same deal." With reports United are banking around £5million-a-year to move to challenger brand Castore next season, there's plenty to unpick about a story that would have real significance off-the-field for Newcastle. Read More Related Articles Why a new Newcastle United kit deal would represent a significant move Lascelles injury doubt Jamaal Lascelles is a doubt for Newcastle United's home clash with Everton. The skipper limped off in the 1-1 draw against Wolverhampton Wanderers in last weekend's tie at Molineux. Newcastle United skipper Jamaal Lascelles could return against Manchester United. (Image: Serena Taylor/Newcastle United via Getty Images) Lascelles must now prove his fitness in the next 48 hours to have a chance of facing the Toffees at St James' Park. Read More Related Articles Newcastle boss Steve Bruce reveals a big injury concern ahead of Everton Transfer target work Newcastle United are identifying transfer targets and Steve Bruce hopes the club's scouting team will eventually be able to watch these players in the flesh because the alternative is not his 'cup of tea'. The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office have advised against all non-essential travel during the pandemic and there are currently just 13 European nations on the exempt countries and territories list. Among the countries which are not on that list are Spain, France, Italy and Portugal, where Newcastle's talent spotters have previously scouted players. As a result, the Magpies, like all clubs, have had to change the way they operate and Wyscout has arguably never been a more important tool for head of recruitment Steve Nickson and his team as they keep tabs on players from afar. Read More Related Articles Newcastle United are identifying transfer targets and how the club's scouting operation has changed Longstaffs in contention Steve Bruce has admitted that both Sean and Matty Longstaff are back in contention for the home clash with Everton. With Jonjo Shelvey sidelined with a hernia injury, Bruce will consider the brothers in the next clutch of matches with neither getting a run in the side to date this season. Matty Longstaff (Image: Newcastle United via Getty Images) Bruce, who handed Matty Longstaff his Premier League debut, now has the youngster back after a thigh problem.
. Football Manager 2021 is out on November 24th but thanks to our friends at SI Games, we've not only got a free copy to give away to one of our lucky listeners, but you'll also get access to the game before anyone else. As the chaps at SI Games put it, Football Manager 2021 is 'unrivalled simulation gaming' and the 'closest thing to being a real manager' - what's not to love? So here's what you have to do grab yourself the free copy - leave a review of The Everything is Black and White Podcast on iTunes, and fill in this form with the username and review you left! Click here for the form. We're not asking you to leave a dishonest review but one that is fair, truthful and polite! We launch the competition on October 28th, and the closing date will be November 16th at midnight. We'll announce the winner during the podcast on Tuesday, November 17th in which you'll have to tune into the episode to find out if you've won and email in with a special code word!
Rodriguez misses out Newcastle United will tackle Everton at the weekend in the knowledge that James Rodriguez will be missing in action at St James' Park. The Colombia international - who joined from Real Madrid this summer - was injured in the Merseyside derby when suffering a testicular injury.
James Rodriguez of Everton is challenged by Sadio Mane of Liverpool during the Premier League match between Everton and Liverpool at Goodison Park
Richarlison, Lucas Digne, and Seamus Coleman are also out for the encounter on Tyneside.
Newcastle United handed boost as James Rodriguez ruled out of Super Sunday clash
Nickson's role "The supporters have loved you at every club you have been at - but not like how the Newcastle fans have." Steve Nickson's words stuck with Allan Saint-Maximin as the fans' favourite prepared to put pen to paper on a new, improved six-year contract with Newcastle United earlier this month. The club's head of recruitment has held lengthy discussions with Saint-Maximin - not just about football but about life, too - since the pair first crossed paths last year. Clearly, Nickson felt a degree of responsibility after the Magpies completed the signing of Saint-Maximin from Nice, identifying and recommending a player can be the more straightforward task; actually integrating a new signing into a different culture, league and environment is the real challenge for the club as a whole.
Tony Faulkner and Steve Nickson
Every member of staff has played their part in Saint-Maximin's development, whether it is the free role Steve Bruce has entrusted the Frenchman with or how assistant manager Steve Agnew has taken the time to go over his clips with him. It is rare a head of recruitment is referenced by a player when he signs a new contract, but Nickson's own role in that process became clear when Saint-Maximin was asked what convinced him to sign a new deal.
'Not like how Newcastle United fans have' - Steve Nickson's other unseen role has been revealed
Kemen's regret Olivier Kemen has opened up on his regret of leaving Newcastle United as a youngster. The French midfielder joined the Magpies from Metz in 2013 and spent two seasons at the club, becoming a regular in the under-23s side.
Newcastle United Reserves v Middlesbrough Reserves at St James Park in the Barclays Under 21 Premier League Division 2, Ledesma and Olivier Kemen
However, despite regularly training with the first-team at Newcastle, he failed to make a senior appearance before being sold to Lyon in 2015. In an interview with LFP, Kemen, now 24, admitted he lacked the patience required to break into the first-team at Premier League level.
'I had a crisis' - Former Newcastle United midfielder Olivier Kemen voices Magpies regret
Two trialists Newcastle United named two trialists in their side during the 3-2 defeat at Reading today in Premier League 2. The Magpies handed a chance to former Stoke City Under-23 defender Scott Wara and ex-Man United midfielder Dion McGhee.
Dion McGhee of Manchester United U23s warms up ahead of the Premier League 2 match between Norwich City and Manchester United U23s at Carrow Road
A team sheet on Soccerway claimed that the duo had appeared for Chris Hogg's side.
Newcastle hand trials to former Manchester United midfielder and Stoke defender
BZG linked with Derby A Middle East consortium that once publicly vowed to buy Newcastle United are back in the headlines and are now being linked with a takeover at Derby County. The Rams are now wanted by the Bin Zayed Group with the cousin of Man City owner Sheikh Mansour, Sheikh Khale bin Zayed Al Nehayan, looking to buy the Rams, according to the Athletic.
Sheikh Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nehayan, the man who wants to buy Newcastle United
(Image: Bin Zayed group website)
Bin Zayed Group linked with new takeover proposal after failed Newcastle bid
A new UK company set up by the group attended a recent game against Watford at Pride Park. However, the interest in Newcastle last year petered out after bold talk of a £350million bid.
Source = MetiNews.Com