Manchester news Thugs left Manchester Arena gig-goer unconscious after violent attack on train Manchester united news

MetiNews.Com - Alex Foy and Marc Kelley both appeared before a judge

Manchester news Thugs left Manchester Arena gig-goer unconscious after violent attack on train Manchester united news

MetiNews.Com - Alex Foy and Marc Kelley both appeared before a judge

Manchester news  Thugs left Manchester Arena gig-goer unconscious after violent attack on train Manchester united news
08 April 2021 - 06:15

Breaking News ! A passenger was subjected to a 'disgraceful' attack on a train after leaving a concert at the Manchester Arena, a court heard. Alex Foy and Marc Kelley, both 29, were involved in the incident after the Liverpool bound train left Victoria Station. The victim was punched several times and was left unconscious for a time, Manchester Crown Court heard. He suffered a black eye and bruising. He and his partner had been to a concert at the venue on December 16, 2017, and made their way to the train at about 11pm. Get our free M.E.N. Court newsletter Manchester's courts are some of the busiest in the country with a vast array of cases heard every week. To keep up to date with how justice is being served across Greater Manchester subscribe to our free weekly M.E.N. Court News newsletter put together by our court reporters Andrew Bardsley and Amy Walker. How do I sign up? First just click on this link to our newsletter sign-up centre. Once you're there, put your email address where it says at the top, then tick the MEN Court News box. There are other newsletters available if you want them as well. When you've made your choice, hit Save Changes button at the bottom.

. They spoke with each other and at first the conversation was 'lighthearted'. Alex Foy and Marc Kelley (Image: Joel Goodman) But the mood changed and Foy and Kelley, both from Liverpool, became 'angry and aggressive', prosecutors said. Shortly after, Foy punched the man to the face. He was punched on more occasions as fell to the floor, the court heard. Prosecuting, Mark Monaghan said the victim was unconscious for a short period after being attacked. His partner tried to pull them off him, and Foy and Kelley left the train. (Image: MEN Media) They were later identified through CCTV footage. The victim suffered a black eye, swelling to his nose, and bruising to his arm. Foy later told police he was acting in 'self defence', while Kelley made no comment. The pair pleaded guilty to common assault. The judge said that had they not pleaded guilty, they could have faced jail. Judge Alan Conrad QC told them: "The incident in which you were involved, over three years ago, was disgraceful, involving violence towards a man who had done no wrong, on public transport at night. "Had this been dealt with nearer the time, and had you been convicted after a trial, you would have both been going to prison." Both men were sentenced to an 18 month community order. The judge said he had received 'favourable' pre-sentence reports, and said that both men had been in employment. Foy, of Aigburth Road, Liverpool, and Kelley, of Fullwood Drive, Liverpool, must each complete 120 hours of unpaid work. Read More Related Articles Police want to speak to this man following alleged serious assault in Bury Read More Related Articles Oldham teen left to die in street by speeding hit-and-run driver who wasn't looking at road

Source = MetiNews.Com

This news 66 hits received.

Manchester news Thugs left Manchester Arena gig-goer unconscious after violent attack on train Manchester united news


Manchester news Thugs left Manchester Arena gig-goer unconscious after violent attack on train Manchester united news


Manchester news Thugs left Manchester Arena gig-goer unconscious after violent attack on train Manchester united news


Manchester news Thugs left Manchester Arena gig-goer unconscious after violent attack on train Manchester united news

COMMENTS

  • 0 Comment
Last News
MAY INTEREST YOU x
Last Sport News  Big Weekend: Leicester v Southampton, Man City, Moyes Breaking sport news
Last Sport News Big Weekend: Leicester v Southampton, Man City, Moyes...
Sport news  Eddie Hearn reveals Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua have both 'APPROVED' a site offer to stage their Battle of Britain this summer in huge step towards finalising £100m undisputed world title fight Metinews.com
Sport news Eddie Hearn reveals Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua have...