Manchester news CCTV shows thieves burgle struggling restaurant for second time during pandemic Manchester united news

MetiNews.Com - "We can't carry on like this"

Manchester news CCTV shows thieves burgle struggling restaurant for second time during pandemic Manchester united news

MetiNews.Com - "We can't carry on like this"

Manchester news  CCTV shows thieves burgle struggling restaurant for second time during pandemic Manchester united news
18 October 2020 - 17:00

Breaking News ! A struggling city centre restaurant has been hit by brazen thieves for the second time since the pandemic began. Staff at Salvi's on John Dalton Street discovered the front door had been smashed in this morning and the restaurant ransacked. CCTV footage shared with the M.E.N shows a man wearing shorts and a beanie hat break his way in at around 1.30am, while another stands guard outside. The offenders stole the contents of the till, an iPad and float money before fleeing. But owner Claire Cecco said the worst result is the damage to the front door that will cost around £500 to fix immediately. It is the second time the branch on John Dalton Street has been targeted in the past six months. The break-in comes as venues across the city centre are trying their best to cope with a huge drop in customers due to the ongoing uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus pandemic. "It's just ridiculous," said Claire. "At this point it's just like 'come on, give us a break!' Damage to Salvi's restaurant on John Dalton Street in Manchester city centre after a break-in (Image: Salvi's) "There's no point working hard just to break even and then someone smashes your front door in. "We're trying to motivate staff to be positive, everyone is down, there's so much doom and gloom.

. "It's just relenteless." Read More Related Articles Trafford Centre shoppers fined by police for refusing to wear masks Read More Related Articles Two men in hospital after armed police were scrambled to 'violent disturbance' in Bolton Claire said the business is already around 60 per cent down on last year, and that hospitality is in a precarious position. "We can't carry on like this," she said. CCTV shows the thieves breaking-in (Image: Salvi's) "All of our friends are the same, there's only so long you can hang on." The Mayor Andy Burnham and the leaders of Greater Manchester's council are currently battling with the government for more support for businesses asked to close if the region goes into a Tier 3 lockdown. Restaurants will be allowed to stay open but Mr Burnham has said they are likely to suffer an even greater reduction in income due to the increased restrictions. It is the second time in six months the restaurant has been targeted (Image: Salvi's) He is calling for further support for businesses that suffer the knock-on effects of Tier 3. Meanwhile, Salvi's is having to battle being targeted by criminals as well as the drop in trade. Police officers have been to visit the restaurant this morning to gather evidence, including the CCTV. A spokesperson for GMP confirmed officers were called just before 10am on Sunday to reports of a burglary at the restaurant on John Dalton Street. Anyone with information should call police on 101 quoting incident number 1035 of 18/10/20, or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Source = MetiNews.Com

This news 97 hits received.

Manchester news CCTV shows thieves burgle struggling restaurant for second time during pandemic Manchester united news


Manchester news CCTV shows thieves burgle struggling restaurant for second time during pandemic Manchester united news


Manchester news CCTV shows thieves burgle struggling restaurant for second time during pandemic Manchester united news


Manchester news CCTV shows thieves burgle struggling restaurant for second time during pandemic Manchester united news

COMMENTS

  • 0 Comment
Last News
MAY INTEREST YOU x
Uk spor news  (Video): Timo Werner celebrates unexpected start with beautiful goal Premier League transfer
Uk spor news (Video): Timo Werner celebrates unexpected start with...
Last transfer news  Simona Halep tests positive for coronavirus Breaking sport news
Last transfer news Simona Halep tests positive for coronavirus...