Liverpool news Entire year group sent home after positive covid test in 'bubble' MetiNews.Com
MetiNews.Com - The full year group have been sent home and will now have to isolate for 14 days
Breaking News ! An entire year group at a Knowsley secondary school have been sent home after a positive Covid-19 test was confirmed today. Pupils in Year 10 at The Prescot School on Knowsley Park Lane have been told to self-isolate in line with government guidance after the school was notified of the positive coronavirus case this morning. The 11-16 school, which is part of The Heath Family Trust, said they will be providing children with home learning and will continue to work with the appropriate organisations to get those affected back into school "as soon as possible." Receive newsletters with the latest news, sport and what's on updates from the Liverpool ECHO by signing up here. A spokesperson for The Prescot School said: "This morning we were notified of a positive Covid test in our Year 10 bubble. "We have been working with the appropriate organisations, and that bubble of students has now been closed. All students will need to self-isolate in line with government guidance. "We will, of course, be providing children with home learning, but we do appreciate the pressures that this may add to our families. "We will continue to work with Public Health England to ensure that we can get our children back into our school as soon as possible." Enter your postcode for details of what's going on in your area The school is one of a number affected by coronavirus cases in the borough, with Kirkby High School reporting one case in Year 7 and All Saints Catholic High School reporting two unconnected cases in different years.
. A number of immediate actions are being brought in for Knowsley after the borough topped the list of highest coronavirus cases in Merseyside. Knowsley ’s rate of infection is now 98.7 per 100,000 people, an increase from 41.7 per 100,000 people one week earlier. The Outbreak Management Board meeting took place yesterday, September 15, to review the latest data available after Public Health England announced on Friday, Merseyside is an 'Area of Concern' and Leader of Knowsley Council, Councillor Graham Morgan said "we all need to play our part" in a bid to curb the coronavirus spread. Last week, the ECHO reported that a walk-through testing facility for coronavirus had opened in the middle of Huyton where it will remain for three months. But people in Knowsley are said to have struggled to book tests in recent days, often being told there are no tests available or that they are required to travel a considerable distance to testing centres in other cities. Knowsley Council was approached for comment.
Source = MetiNews.Com