Cheshire news Businessman was 'turned on' by stealing from celeb homes in Cheshire MetiNews.Com

MetiNews.Com - "He was turned on by crime and by criminals. It gave him a buzz you just do not get sat behind a desk."

Cheshire news Businessman was 'turned on' by stealing from celeb homes in Cheshire MetiNews.Com

MetiNews.Com - "He was turned on by crime and by criminals. It gave him a buzz you just do not get sat behind a desk."

Cheshire news  Businessman was 'turned on' by stealing from celeb homes in Cheshire MetiNews.Com
02 August 2020 - 08:56

Breaking News ! A rich business man turned to a life of crime after he was bored of office life, it has been revealed. Thomas Mee, who is now facing a long prison sentence for burglary, was said to be "turned on" by crime and criminals after becoming bored of his role as a businessman. The 42-year-old helped organise break-ins at the homes of wealth and successful people in Cheshire and the rest of the country. Chester Crown court heard how Mee, along with Vincent Ball, 52 and John Barlow, 58, targeted homes in Cheshire, Nottinghamshire, Worcestershire, Buckinghamshire and Warwickshire between January 2018 and October 2019. Around £500,000 of luxury goods were stolen by the men from the addresses. The haul included treasured family heirlooms and they left homeowners heartbroken, reports the Liverpool Echo. Among the targeted homes were Raheem Sterling's Cheshire mansion and the Buckinghamshire home of Jamiroquai star Jay Kay. Sign up to the CheshireLive newsletter Did you know we offer a free email newsletter service? Each CheshireLive bulletin delivers the latest breaking news, what's on events and the hottest talking points straight to your inbox. For more information about how - and why - to subscribe, click here. Prosecutor Simon Parry revealed astonishing details of how Mee used ladders to gain entry to first floor balconies. Mee later photographed luxury items such as handbags and offered them for sale to associates. One one occasion Mee offered a Louis Vuitton scarf to an associate. Their crime spree came to an end last October when the three men were held by police after a break-in at the Prestbury home of Bury FC owner Steve Dale. Mee was a well known member of the city's business community and launched his own demolition company in 2005. In more recent years, Mee supervised major site clearance schemes in the city. Read More Related Articles Disgraced ex-Crewe football coach Barry Bennell pleads guilty to more sexual abuse charges He was a director of Mees Demolition Group (1.11.17 to 19.10.18) and Mees Demolition Manchester Limited (20.6.18 to 7.8.19). Mee does not appear to have had any further business dealings since he resigned from Mee Demolition Manchester in August last year.

. (Image: Geoff Roberts) The man, who asked not to be named, said: "He has always taken massive chances. He was mixed up with wrong crowd and his name always came up for the wrong reasons. "Thomas had money, nice cars and a nice home. But he found the world of demolition and property boring. "He was turned on by crime and by criminals. It gave him a buzz you just do not get sat behind a desk. " Mee was sometimes seen driving around Liverpool city centre in a high powered Lamborghini. On Friday, Chester Crown court heard that police discovered £125,000 in his apartment at Beetham Tower in Liverpool city centre. The cash was seized and is now subject to a ongoing legal process in the courts. Mee claims the money is 'legitimate.' It is understood that Mee, through his role as a demolition contractor, was close to a number of property developers on Merseyside. Read More Related Articles Woman crashes into roundabout after driving erratically through streets Read More Related Articles Teenage boy arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following Nantwich assault In 2007, he gave an interview to the Daily Post, when he discussed his successful business career. He told the Post that he started his own company in 2005 and was on target to turn over around £2m. He said: "My bank told me it normally takes someone up to six years to get to where we are today." In 2017, Mee spoke to the media after taking on the demolition of the famous Nation nightclub in Wolstenholme Square. He said: “We know that all eyes will be on the redevelopment of this iconic Liverpool square. "Being so close to Liverpool ONE and The Albert Dock, Wolstenholme Square will be a fantastic place to live once the development is completed. Liverpool is booming at the moment, with demand for city living at an all-time high. "We are no strangers to working right in the heart of our home city, but every time it is a privilege to be involved in reshaping the face of Liverpool for future generations.” In January 2018, the Mees Group announced they had acquired a waste plant off Acorn Way in Bootle. The previous summer, a blaze ripped through tonnes of infested rubbish which had built up after the site had become a haven for fly-tippers. Mee, of Queens Drive, Liverpool, Ball of Ranworth Place, Liverpool and Barlow of no fixed abode, all pleaded guilty to conspiracy to burgle. They were remanded in custody and will be sentenced on Monday.

Source = MetiNews.Com

This news 43 hits received.

Cheshire news Businessman was 'turned on' by stealing from celeb homes in Cheshire MetiNews.Com


Cheshire news Businessman was 'turned on' by stealing from celeb homes in Cheshire MetiNews.Com


Cheshire news Businessman was 'turned on' by stealing from celeb homes in Cheshire MetiNews.Com


Cheshire news Businessman was 'turned on' by stealing from celeb homes in Cheshire MetiNews.Com

COMMENTS

  • 0 Comment
Last News
MAY INTEREST YOU x
Premier league news  Willian holds video call with David Luiz ahead of completing Arsenal transfer Last spor news
Premier league news Willian holds video call with David Luiz ahead of...
London news  Hillingdon Hospital announces plans for new hospital by 2025 Uk news
London news Hillingdon Hospital announces plans for new hospital by...