Breaking Premier League Villa vs Everton POSTPONED by Premier League after 9 positive coronavirus cases Premier league news
MetiNews.Com - ASTON VILLA’S clash with Everton on Sunday has been postponed as Covid-19 continues to wreak havoc with the season. The Villans had to play their Under-23 side in the FA Cup last week against Liver…
Breaking News ! ASTON VILLA’S clash with Everton on Sunday has been postponed as Covid-19 continues to wreak havoc with the season. The Villans had to play their Under-23 side in the FA Cup last week against Liverpool after a host of positive test results forced them to close their training ground. 3Aston Villa's home clash with Everton has been postponedCredit: AP:Associated Press Last night’s Prem game against Tottenham was then axed due to the outbreak at the club - with Fulham replacing them at just 48 hours' notice. Now Villa will be without a game this weekend again after top-flight chiefs confirmed their game with the Toffees was off. A Premier League statement said: “Aston Villa's home match against Everton, scheduled to be played on Sunday 17 January at 12:00 GMT, has been postponed by the Premier League Board. “Following the rescheduling of Villa's fixture against Tottenham Hotspur, which was due to be played last night, a significant number of players and staff remain in isolation. “As a result, the Premier League Board has agreed to Aston Villa's request to postpone their match on Sunday.
They were due to host Newcastle on December 4 before that was called off after an outbreak of the virus swept through the North East side.
That has now been rescheduled to be played on Saturday 23 January at 8pm and will be broadcast on Sky Sports.
FANCY A PUNT? TODAY’S BEST ODDS BOOSTS FROM THE UK’S LEADING BOOKIES
Most read in FootballLive BlogTRANSFER NEWS LIVECeltic, Rangers, Hibs, Hearts and every SPFL club eye January signingsNOT A FANFormer Celt Walker says last four minutes of Lawwell's Dubai apology were BALONEYKIDS BLOWCeltic criticised for 'furloughing Under-18 squad' after first team Dubai tripFresh termsDundee United star Nicky Clark set to snub Dundee to pen new deal at TannadiceExclusiveDUFF TIMECeltic offered chance to cut losses on Duffy with Nottingham Forest interestedRIGHT CALLAberdeen boss McInnes praises ref McLean for calling Livingston match off
Both teams were free that weekend due to being eliminated from the FA Cup.
The statement added: “The Premier League, in consultation with its clubs, has enhanced its Covid-19 protocols, in addition to reimplementing a twice-weekly testing programme as the health of players and staff remains the priority.
“The protocols, which strengthen key elements of the existing guidance, came into immediate effect last week.”
Source = Metinews.com