breaking news Turkey Condemns Armenian Attack On Azerbaijan last minute news
MetiNews.Com - Border clashes broke out after Armenian forces opened fire on Azerbaijani civilian settlements.
Breaking News ! Turkey on Sunday strongly condemned the Armenian attack on Azerbaijan which caused civilian casualties."We strongly condemn the Armenian attack which is a clear violation of international law and caused civilian casualties," the Turkish Foreign Ministry said in a statement.Border clashes broke out early Sunday after Armenian forces opened fire targeting Azerbaijani civilian settlements.The Armenian army violated the cease-fire this morning launching cross-border attacks on several districts, the Turkish statement added.With this, Armenia once again proved that it is the biggest obstacle to peace and stability in the region, the statement said.
.Ankara also extended condolences to the brotherly people of Azerbaijan and wished speedy recovery to the wounded.Earlier in July, Armenian cease-fire violations martyred 12 Azerbaijani troops and wounded four others.Relations between the two former Soviet nations have been tense since 1991 when Armenian military illegally occupied the Upper Karabakh, or Nagorno-Karabakh region, an internationally recognized territory of Azerbaijan.Four UN Security Council and two UN General Assembly resolutions as well as decisions by many international organizations refer to this fact and demand the withdrawal of the occupational Armenian forces from Upper Karabakh and seven other occupied regions of Azerbaijan. -
Source = MetiNews.Com