Berkshire news Five dead and hundreds ill after eating contaminated chicken MetiNews.Com
MetiNews.Com - Hundreds more are unwell
Breaking News ! Five people are believed to have died and hundreds more are seriously ill with salmonella poisoning after eating contaminated chicken imported from Poland. In response, the Food Standards Agency (FSA) has urgently recalled a number of chicken products that are sold in some of the UK's biggest retailers, including Sainsbury's, Morrisons and B&M. This list includes the SFC Chicken Poppets and Take Home Boneless Bucket, which were both on sale at Sainsbury's and Morrisons. The Chick Inn 32 Jumbo Chicken Nuggets was also recalled and they were made by Vestey Foods and sold in Heron Foods stores and B&M. The Mirror reported that there have been 480 recorded cases of people becoming unwell due to these products, with nearly half thought to be children. One in three people affected required hospital treatment and the majority of people have experienced diarrhoea, stomach cramps, vomiting and/or fever.
. The following batch codes on SFC Chicken Poppets are affected: Batch code L 15520 and L 13720 best before September 24 2021 Batch code L13720 best before October 31 2021 Batch code PKW008A best before February 28 2022 Batch code PKW011A best before February 28 2022 Tell us what you think about the Government's lockdown roadmap
Please click here if you can't see the survey The batch code of the affected 650g SFC Take Home Boneless Bucket in L19720 with a best before date of November 28 2021 The FSA has told customers who have bought the products to not eat them and return them to the store where they bought them for a full refund. Or, if that's not possible, email a photo of the product packaging, showing the batch code printed on the inner bag, to email@example.com to get a refund. SFC, which is based in Merseyside, and Vestey, which is based in Croydon, have both been approached for comment.
Source = MetiNews.Com